Thursday, June 17, 2010

Either/Or- Spill Fallacy #1




Heard some snarky asides..
from our leftist countrymen, "Boy those rednecks
complain about big government but when there's a problem they whine to government for HELP!" I think it's time to puncture this arrogance and suck the lifeblood from it. Shall we?

Having raised teenagers, I've seen the "Good/Bad, Black/White, All/Nothing" type of reasoning that indicates an undeveloped ability for abstract thought. I bristle, however, when I hear fully grown liberals saying I must accept HUGE GOVERNMENT or no government. Why are these mutually exclusive? Well, of course, they're NOT- that's a fallacious argument.

There are some things the government can do and SHOULD be expected to do. Fighting wars and responding to national emergencies top my personal list, especially when I pay my taxes each April. That number gets bigger every year and when a disaster strikes I'd like to see my tax dollars go into action. I don't want to listen to excuses from a group who politicized the last disaster, gained power then proceeded to maintain the status quo they campaigned against.


Believe me, the LAST thing I want to see is an expansion of government at a time when the existing agencies and regulations we HAVE are not being enforced or adhered to. I want government that is EFFECTIVE, that can respond to an oil spill and manage the ecological impact at a level comensurate to the taxes we ALL pay for just this.


I'd like our money's worth or a refund please.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Video

 

Tags

My Blog List

Site Info

An ammo source for Americans sick of biased reportage and tired liberal dogma. Presented in an entertaining format and open to lively discussion from all perspectives. Please join in or just be a fly on the wall, you're always welcome.

Followers

The Conservative Gadfly Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template